Grand Theft Auto 6 Leaker Posts Are Taken DownRemoved


It seems Rockstar and Take-Two are pushing back against the leaker who recently posted around 90 clips of the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6.


The leaker who first posted Grand Theft Auto 6 footage has had all of their posts removed from GTAForums. The gaming world woke up to quite the surprise on September 18 as it was discovered that a load of footage from Rockstar’s upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6 had leaked online. Fans have been eagerly anticipating the next entry in Rockstar’s open-world franchise since the hype around Grand Theft Auto 5’s release died down somewhat. However, news on Grand Theft Auto 6 didn’t really arrive until recently, when the game was confirmed to be in active development earlier this year.

GAMERANT VIDEO OF THE DAY

Since then, it seems Rockstar has put all of its efforts into producing Grand Theft Auto 6, as it has seemingly said goodbyes to both GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Fans recently got a look at the work Rockstar has been putting into Grand Theft Auto 6, after more than 90 videos of an early build of the game leaked, including footage showing the title’s female protagonist, a look at an early version of the map, and plenty more.

RELATED: Rockstar Seemingly Says Goodbye to Red Dead Redemption 2

Now, it seems that Grand Theft Auto 6’s publisher Take-Two is fighting to get as much of this footage removed from the internet as possible. Already, content showcasing the leaks on YouTube has been hit with DMCA takedowns, and now the person who first leaked the content has had all of their posts removed from GTAForums, which also deleted the thread containing the leaked information in compliance with a request from Rockstar and Take-Two.

This information was shared by video game insider Tom Henderson, who had previously provided some early information on Grand Theft Auto 6. However, Henderson’s information never included showing off the game well before it was ready to be revealed by Rockstar. It seems that, as this situation unfolds, Rockstar and Take-Two will continue their efforts to take down as much of the leaked Grand Theft Auto 6 footage as possible. Previously, the hacker who first leaked the clips claimed they had the source code for both Grand Theft Auto 5 and Grand Theft Auto 6 and wanted to negotiate a deal with Rockstar.

Already, the hacker’s claim to have the source code for Grand Theft Auto 5 has led to a scam sale of $100,000 taking place. While some gamers are glad to see an early look at Grand Theft Auto 6, many are concerned this will have serious effects on the game’s future, including the potential delay of whatever release date Rockstar had planned.

Grand Theft Auto 6 is currently in development.

MORE: More Games Should Take Notes from Saints Row’s Character Creator

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button